One of the most popular reason to factory reset your HTC One X is that you selling your smartphone. You can also use Factory Reset when you forget you lock pattern, password or PIN and unable to recover it. If you are unable to resolve the issues in your HTC One X, then you can go for factory reset.
The worst part is that, it will erase all internal memory data of your HTC One X. You can get the data later if you sync it with your Gmail account. There is two ways to factory reset your HTC One X. Using built-in Android options and using hardware buttons. The built-in reset option is useful when you can boot into your device and hardware reset option is helpful when you are stuck on lock screen.
Factory Reset HTC One X from Settings
- Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap on setting icon.
- Tap on “Backup & reset” from available options.
- Tap “Reset phone”.
- Want to permanently delete media and other data on HTC One X? If yes, press “Erase all data”.
- Tap “Reset phone”, and then press OK.
Factory Reset HTC One X using Buttons
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the “Volume Down” button, and then press and hold the ” Power” button.
- Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the “Power” and “Volume Down” buttons.
- Press “Volume Down” to select “Factory Reset”, and then press the “Power” button.